2017 Spring Conference
The TPPPA Spring Conference brings together payment processors, banks, regulators and industry experts to discuss opportunities and challenges facing our industry. The new presidential administration and changing makeup of Congress provides for new opportunities, but also an aspect of uncertainty. While there may be signs of relief on the federal regulatory level, there is still uncertainty about how quickly things might change and what the impact will be. Regardless of the federal landscape, our industry must continue to navigate the complex matrix of state laws and regulations and potential licensing requirements. Concerns related to money laundering and terrorist financing, consumer protection, cyber-security, licensing requirements and more will continue to be issues that the industry must acknowledge and address.
Join TPPPA members as we gather together with state and federal regulators to discuss industry best practices that are designed to address core concerns that apply no matter what the political landscape may be.
We will end Day Two of the conference with an afternoon on Capitol Hill meeting with policymakers and legislators. Attendees will participate in a session to prepare for our visit, and after lunch will meet in small groups with congressional members and senior staff of the attendees congressional delegation while learning with their industry peers.
- Consumer Protection Panel - FTC Speaker Confirmed!
- Know Your Customer and The Beneficial Owner Rule
- NACHA Update: TPS Registration and Same Day ACH
- What the DOJ is Looking for in Corporate Compliance Programs
- OCC Fintech Charter and State Money Transmitter Licensing Panel
- The Changing Political Landscape and Payment Processing
- Trip to Capitol Hill
- Legal and Regulatory Update – Including CFPB v Intercept Case Dismissal and Why It's Important
- CFPB Ombudsman's Office